Guide2Research is a Philippines-based Computer Science research portal. It collects information on top conferences, journals, scientists and institutions. It was originally created by Imed Bouchikra, a Research Fellow at the Information: Signals, Images, Systems Research Group of the University of Southampton and Professor of Computer Science at the University of Souk Ahras, Algeria.
The university reputation metric is derived from the sum of the H-index of the scholars at the institution, the number of researchers with an H-index of 40 or over, the number of documents indexed on DBLP, and the sum of citations. The ranking of scientists is based on H-Index and DBPL publications. The conferences ranking is based on H-Index value and the number of top scientists who have published at the conference.
At the moment top researchers are disproportionately located in the USA with 2,782, the UK 416, Germany 333, Canada, 305, and China 294.
The top five scientists are:
- Anil K Jain, Michigan State University, USA
- Yoshua Bengio, University of Montreal, Canada
- Herbert Simon, Carnegie-Mellon University, USA
- Jiawei Han, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Michael I Jordan, University of California Berkeley, USA.
The top five conferences are:
- CVPR: IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Nashville, USA.
- NeurIPS: Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), Online
- ICCV: IEEE/CVF International Conference on Computer Vision, Montreal, Canada
- ECCV: European Conference on Computer Vision, Montreal, Canada
- AAAI: AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Vancouver, Canada.
The top five universities for Computer Science research are:
- Carnegie-Mellon University, USA
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
- Stanford University, USA
- University of California Berkeley, USA
- Georgia Institute of Technology, USA.