StuDocu is an EdTech company based in Amsterdam that helps students share study materials. It has asked students to rank their universities according to a number of criteria including some that do not appear in conventional rankings.
Students were asked to rank their universities on a scale of 1 to 10 for the following categories: Food, Quality of Life, Dating Scene, Studying Remotely, Safety, Sports Culture, Quality of Courses, (On-Campus) Housing, Location, Facilities and Common Areas, Academic Reputation and Job Opportunities, Fraternities, Social Clubs and Student Associations, Accessibility for Disabled Students, Financial Aid, and Diversity and Inclusivity. On average each university was ranked by 60 students.
The rankings produce results that may seem surprising since many universities in the traditional elite do not appear at the top of the ranking while some less well-known institutions get high scores
Rankings are provided for four regions: North America, Latin America, EMEA, and Oceania. The top three universities in each region are:
- Florida Gulf Coast University, USA
- Berkeley College, USA
- Southern University and A & M College, USA
- El Colegio de México
- Servicio Nacional de Bachillerato en Línea de la Secretaría de Educación Pública, Mexico
- Universidad Modelo, Mexico
- Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa, Italy
- University of St Andrews, UK
- Handelshögskolan i Stockholm, Sweden
- Torrens University Australia
- Swinburne Online, Australia
- University of South Australia.