The theme of IREG Forum is National Rankings on the Rise. The forum sessions will address the issues concerning current trends in national rankings, their impact on national higher education systems and relations between national and world rankings. More specifically, the IREG Forum will address, but will not be limited to, the following topics:
National university rankings:
- presentation of new initiatives in national rankings (excluding those already presented at IREG Conferences)
- evolution of national rankings (those presented earlier at IREG Conferences)
- experience and best practices in preparing and publishing national rankings
Rankings and national higher education systems:
- influence of rankings on the national higher education systems
- national rankings and quality of higher education
- rankings influencing students’ choices – the experience related to new mobile internet technologies
Relations between national and international (global) rankings:
- influence of international (global) rankings on methodology and organization of national rankings
- building bridges between international and national rankings – experience, new initiatives
- the role of national and international rankings in building a coherent information system on higher education
Participants interested in presenting a contribution in one of above-mentioned areas are kindly asked to submit an abstract of up to 2,000 words by May 1, 2011. The Program Committee of IREG Forum will make selection of received proposals to be presented at the conference.
The author[s] of selected papers will be informed by June 1, 2011 and are kindly requested to submit the full text of the respective paper by September 1, 2011 so that drafts of selected papers can be distributed during the forum.
Contact: dr Kazimierz Bilanow