04 February 2019
In the latest edition of Shanghai Ranking’s Best Chinese Universities Rankings there are four clusters of indicators; Teaching and Learning, Research, Social Services, and Internationalization. The top five universities overall are:
- Tsinghua University, Beijing
- Peking University, Beijing
- Zhejiang University, Hangzhou
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Fudan University, Shanghai.
Clusters of indicators:
- Teaching and Learning (45%) is measured by the average score of incoming freshmen in the National College Entrance Exam, the employment rate of first-degree graduates, and incomes from donations.
- Research (40%) is measured by the number of papers in Scopus, field weighted citations, world top 1% most cited papers, and most cited researchers.
- Social services are measured by research income from industry and income from technology transfer.
- Internationalization is measured by international students as a percentage of total students.
There is also a ranking of Chinese medical universities. The top five are:
- Peking Union Medical College, Beijing
- Capital Medical University, Beijing
- Nanjing Medical University
- Southern Medical University, Guangdong
- Tianjin Medical University.