25 July 2018
The Ministry of Higher Education of Uzbekistan has announced the publication of a ranking of state funded higher education institutions prepared by the State Inspectorate for Quality Supervision of Education and the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education. Branch campuses of international universities were not included.
The ranking is based on 23 metrics including “the level of knowledge of students and graduates, the quality of teaching and methodological work and education, the teaching staff and research activities, as well as the material and technical provision and the level of implementation of ICT.”
Most of the highly rated institutions were specialised in medical, technological or cultural fields. The top ten universities, nine of which were in the capital Tashkent, were:
- National University of Uzbekistan
- Tashkent State Institute of Oriental Studies
- Tashkent Institute of Agricultural Irrigation and Mechanization
- Tashkent Institute of Textile and Light Industry
- Samarkand State University
- Tashkent Medical Academy
- Tashkent State Dental Institute
- Uzbek State University of World Languages
- Tashkent State University of Railway Transport Engineers
- Tashkent University of Information Technologies.