University of Warsaw and Jagiellonian University in Krakow are the winners in the Polish Perspektywy University Ranking 2018. They took ex-equo the first place in the ranking. Warsaw University of Technology is the third. Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań took the fourth place, Among the private schools Kozminski University defended the title of the best private university in Poland, SWPS University of Social Sciences was second and Lazarski University was third.
The Perspektywy University Ranking 2018 includes 29 indicators grouped into seven criteria: Prestige, Graduates in the labor market, Scientific potential, Scientific effectiveness, Scientific potential, Innovation and Internationalization. It makes it one of the most extensive educational rankings in the world. It is also one of four rankings that have an international quality certificate. His methodology is elaborated by the jury headed by prof. Michał Kleiber, former president of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
- This is the 19th edition of the HEIs Ranking published since 2000 by the educational monthly "Perspektywy". We have reached adulthood, but we are constantly preparing this publication with youthful enthusiasm! We are convincing high school graduates that the ranking will not promptly provide them with the "best university", but it suggests a "best university" for them, that one, after multifactorial analysis, will be best suited to the candidate's ambitions and abilities. Our ranking is also needed by the academic community, for which it is a kind of "mirror". You can see successes in it, but also shortcomings that need to be improved - says Waldemar Siwiński, president of the Education Foundation Perspektywy, initiator of the ranking.
Perspektywy University Ranking 2018 consists of four rankings reflecting various missions performed by Polish universities. These are:
- Academic HEIs Ranking - covering all higher education institutions (with the exception of art universities) having the right to confer doctoral degree;
- Private Universities Ranking (Master Level) - including non-public higher education institutions with the right to education at least at the level of a Master's degree;
- State Higher Vocational Schools Ranking - including vocational schools with the qualifications to study at the level of a master's or bachelor's (engineer's) degree.
- Ranking by Subject - covering a record number of 68 fields of study.
The Perspektywy University Ranking results were announced in Warsaw on 29 of May 2018 in the presence of over 200 rectors and deans representing universities from all over the Poland.