25 March 2018
A new higher education rating system for India has just been announced. The QS I-GAUGE is a joint venture of Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) and the ERA Foundation, Benguluru. It is currently in the pilot stage and is based on the QS Stars international audit system.
QS I-GAUGE was formally launched on March 23 by the former President of India, Shree Pranab Mukherjee.
There are seven primary and five secondary indicators. These include Teaching and Learning, Employability, Social Responsibility, and Research and Innovation. The project is advised by a committee of local and international civil servants and higher education leaders.
The ratings of several institutions have been published. Diamond ratings have been given to:
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- OP Jindal Global University
- Banasthali Vidyapith
The following have been given Gold ratings:
- M S Ramaiah university of Applied sciences
- Guru Nanak Institute of Technology
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
- Manav Rachna University
The following institutions have received Silver ratings:
- Sri Devaraj URS Academy of Higher Education and Research
- MIT College of engineering