21 February 2018
The National Business Education Accreditation Council (NBEAC) of Pakistan has released a list of business schools in the top category.
The council was established by the Higher Education Commission in 2007 and classifies business schools into three groups W, X and Y. W Category Business Schools are accredited for five years and have reached a score of 80% for the Council’s criteria.
The current list consists of:
- Suleman Dawood School of Business, Lahore University of Management Sciences (private)
- Faculty of Business Administration, Institute of Business Administration Karachi (public)
- Department of Business Administration, Lahore School of Economics (private)
- Department of Business Administration, Sukkur Institute of Business Administration (public)
- Schools of Business and Economic, University of Management and Technology Lahore (private).
There are eighteen X category schools, six of them private, that have achieved a score of 65-79% and are accredited for three years.
Y Category schools score less than 65% and do not qualify for accreditation
Accreditation is based on compliance with NBEAC standards with regard to strategic management, curriculum, metrics relating to students such as enrolment, financial aid, and alumni networks, faculty quality, research and development, social responsibility, resources, external linkages, student placement, and admissions and examination policy.